last week was a crazy week for me. i was battling a nasty migraine. then just when i started to feel myself again, my daughter got sick. the week somehow got away from me. don’t you hate it when that happens? the truth is that i have so many exciting things that i have wanted to share with you but just haven’t had the time to sit down and write. so here are some of my random thoughts and highlights from the last week…
- i started another e-course recently. it’s called the art and business of pattern suface design. all i can say is wow! we are only one week into the class and i am already bursting with inspiration. you see, i had a licensing agent tell me early in the year that i should focus on creating patterns with my work. so i thought this would be a great place to start for sure! and i am so glad i decided to make this investment. it’s opened my eyes to how i can use my artwork that i make now and turn it into patterns. i am so excited and can’t wait to share with you soon some of my patterns!!!
- when i looked at taking this class, it was quite a bit of an investment for me. i basically did not have the means to do it right now. but i just decided that i was going to take it. sometimes we don’t even realize the power in our choices!!! we defeat ourselves before we even begin. i could have just said, oh i don’t have the money to take this class right now and gave up. instead, i told myself that i was going to take it and guess what? the money for the class just rolled right in. amazing what happens when you make a choice!!! and i made it into the class right before the deadline.
- i received a lovely email from someone who registered for my e-course this week. i just wanted to share… “I have to tell you that your class is one of the BEST classes I have taken.. And I have taken many classes! I am learning so much and there is so much content. I look forward
To each and every class. Thank you for putting this together! Do you have any more up your sleeve? I will be first in line!”
- i don’t usually spend a ton of time promoting my e-course… i am not the self promoting type i guess. but, if you didn’t know i have an e-course that is open ended. you can sign up at any time and it’s all work at your own pace. if you are looking for a content packed art journaling e-course, then you should totally join the fun!!! go here for more details.
- i honestly keep forgetting to share with you all of the times i have been published this summer. you would think that would make it into my blog posts somehow… yikes! i will just blame it on pregnancy brain. everything can be blamed on pregnancy brain right? so let’s see… i can’t even remember what magazines i have been in. out on shelves now, is the current issue of somerset apprentice. also out this summer is an article in art journaling magazine. and i also have an article out in the summer issue of sew somerset. pregnancy just kind of took over my life this summer as you can see!!!
- this is the last month of my art journal challenge. i started on september 28 of last year… which is so hard to believe! i only have about one hundred more pages to go. that sounds like a lot doesn’t it? but i know i can do it. i have about 25 pages that i haven’t shared with you yet and i am trucking along trying to get them all finished. it will be so exhilarating to be done with this challenge knowing what i have accomplished in a year.