2011 i did list
i loved the article on scoutie girl today about making a 2011 “i did” list. it’s simply a list of all the goals and dreams you accomplished this year. because it’s so easy to focus on all the things you still want to accomplish. at least it is for me. i love that i have accomplished all of the goals that i set out to this year. so here is my list:
- i was very fortunate to be published in three different national magazines this year, somerset studio, art journaling and somerset gallery studio. on top of that, my art was featured on the cover of art journaling! this was an accomplishment that i really never even expected. it was the icing on the cake for sure.
- i had my very first ever real solo art show!!! this ended up being such an amazing experience. i learned so much and really put my art out there. i even made some good money.
- i continued to teach classes in person. and i feel like i really grew as a teacher. i learned so much!!! one of the highlights was having two ladies fly in from out of state to take my class. i was so honored.
- i launched my very first e-course online, the altered life. wow can i just say that i felt like i would never finish this project? i am so proud of this accomplishment.
- i got my art into two different local shops here in colorado springs. i met and have spoken with many people who heard about me by finding my art in these stores. i love that!!!
- i started my 365 day art journal challenge on the blog.
- i continued to stretch myself as an artist. i spent a lot of time in the studio painting and growing and evolving and experimenting. there were days of pulling my hair out and days of triumph. and i really feel like i made great strides this year toward becoming better as an artist.
- i took a break from my etsy store for a bit to focus on my art show and teaching. this fall i kind of started over my etsy shop and started adding completely new prints and sort of re-committed to my store.
- as a side note, it’s really quite humorous that one of the top blog posts for this year is here. never would have thunk it.
when i look back and think of all of the things i accomplished this year i feel really proud of what i have done. what does your 2011 i did list look like?