lessons in the waiting
it has been a rough month for me. sick children. health issues. it can be tough when your energy is down and you are dealing with chronic issues that don’t seem to get better. don’t worry, i am seeing a dr. to try to sort through all of my crazy symptoms. i think it is the not knowing that is the hardest. i am sure some of you can relate. i have to take each day as i can, not really knowing what i will feel up to each day. here are a few things that i am learning along the way.
- it’s ok if the dishes don’t get done and someone sees my house.
- it’s ok to stay in my pajamas all day.
- i need to be honest with myself and others about how i am feeling. pretending that everything is ok doesn’t help me get any better.
- it’s not my fault. i think after being a car accident victim you get a complex where you seem to blame it on yourself, not rational i know.
- it’s not all in my head.
- i need to give myself more grace.
- asking for help is ok.
- laughing is good for the soul.
- sleep is important.
- i deserve to take care of myself.
everything in life is not easy. there will be bumps and bruises and complete stops. there will be times where you will be waiting. not knowing. heartaches and loss. but in the midst of these moments, we have the opportunity to glean lessons. yes there are things that god wants to teach you in the waiting. it’s during these times where we learn to look up. we learn to be grateful for the little things. we learn the true meaning of grace. we learn to rest even when we don’t understand. trust when we can’t see. let go of fears. and know that what is being built in our hearts during these moments will have eternal value.
thanks for letting me be vulnerable today. it’s not easy for me. but i did it because i knew that there was someone who needed to hear it today. someone who needed to know that they are not alone.