7 signs i need to see my brain therapist
i seriously need to see my brain therapist. some people need to see their psychologist. some people need to see their psychiatrist. some people need to see their pastor, doctor, dentist, bartender, friend. not me. i need my brain therapist. what does a brain therapist do? not exactly sure. all i know is that when i go to see her, my brain is broken. when i leave, i am fixed. yep. why do i need a brain therapist? well, you can read more about it here. but here are 7 signs i need to see my brain therapist:
1. i call to reschedule an appointment that i never even made. true story.
2. i can’t listen to music and my children at the same time. i have to turn the music off.
3. i stop communicating with my husband and complete chaos follows.
4. the tiniest little thing puts me over the edge and i start crying.
5. i can’t order my thoughts enough to make a to do list.
6. i am easily overwhelmed
7. and the most obvious of all, i loose my depth perception, run into a curb and get a flat tire. yes this is the first time i have had a flat tire, EVER. and yes this happened to me yesterday. and yes i can laugh about it now but was nearly in tears at the time. no i did not remember the lessons my father gave me in high school about how to change a tire. but i am sure i would have never even found the spare in my honda odyssey since it is in a secret compartment in the floor of the car. thank goodness for farmers insurance and fathers that show up to give their daughter moral support when they need it. (we only have one car so my husband was not an option).
and my husband will probably have to call and make the appointment for me since i will not remember to make a simple phone call. this is what i deal with having a brain injury.