10 things i learned from having a brain injury
1. you really do need keys to drive a car. check your pockets before you empty the entire contents of your purse.
2. when you place the asparagus in the oven to roast, it really does help to turn the oven on.
3. cleaning is highly overrated.
4. laughter is the best medicine for the soul. choose to laugh when all you really want to do is cry.
5. make lists frequently and check appointment times twice. and don’t be surprised when you show up at the wrong time.
6. don’t sweat the small stuff… stop being such a perfectionist.
7. don’t be so hard on yourself. you are amazing, talented, and wonderful, even if you can’t think straight all of the time.
8. find beauty in the every day. it is waiting all around you.
9. life is too short to not do what you love.
10. when all else fails, go blow bubbles.
oh and i should have added, make sure that you are dipping your paintbrush in the water and not your tea!
(click on the picture for credit)